Instagram pictures that will make you want to visit Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu is on top of the bucket lists of most people around the world. Wisely so, because it is simply spectacular. It was built around the 15th century, abandoned during the invasion of the empire by the Spanish, who never discovered it – otherwise we would talk about a city fused with Spanish constructions and not an Inca city – and made known to the world by Hiram Bingham in 1911.
Machu Pichu Landscape
Machu Pichu Landscape [Img:IG@dia_minds]

It is currently considered one of the most spectacular places in the world, wonder of the world and world heritage, as noted by UNESCO in 1983.
Machu Picchu Peru
Add captionMy expectations about this place were met Simply breathtaking! [img:IG@thealexswami]

The truth is, we almost didn’t go to Machu Picchu. Quin had already been twice, it’s pretty expensive, and my desire to photograph such a popular location has waned over the years. But not making the pilgrimage to this specific “wonder of the world” the last time I was in Peru, still haunted me. So we woke up early one morning and made the trip. And I'm so glad we did! The human drive to create and build never ceases to blow my mind.
Machu Pichu Peru
Machu Pichu Peru [img:IG@everchanginghorizon]

Exploring Machu Picchu blew my mind🤯. I’d built it up so much and it exceeded all my expectations. Even with the crowds I still felt like I was exploring some forbidden ruin. I’d wanted to see it for years and had been high on my “to see”. I don’t like the term travel bucket list because that says to me you’re just visiting places to tick a box rather and explore a destination. If lockdown has highlighted one thing or me it is just how lucky I have been so see so much of the world...
Machu Pichu
Machu Pichu is cause for joy and amazement of all the people who visit it daily[img:IG@travelling_dean]

Has Machu Picchu been on your bucket list? Share someone you'd like to take along.
This cute Llama from Machu Picchu says Hello
This cute Llama from Machu Picchu says Hello[img:IG@onhisowntrip]

Llma in Machu Pichu, Peru
Llma in Machu Pichu, Peru [Img:IG@sebastian__lilja]

Machu Pichu Wonder Of The World [Img:IG@sparrow_explorer_travel]
Machu Pichu Wonder Of The World [Img:IG@sparrow_explorer_travel]

Machu Pichu Wonder Of The World
Machu Pichu Wonder Of The World [Img:IG@sparrow_explorer_travel]